GALYIC's Ten Point Plan for Schools
- Provide positive information about being LGBT.
- Deal with homophobic bullying properly.
- Support young people who come out.
- Invite LGBT youth group to give a presentation.
- Have an all-school approach to zero tolerance of bullying.
- Display the LGBT youth group poster (not just in 6th form).
- Refer young people who identify as LGBT to local youth group: it is important that they do not remain
- Include LGBT issues in the curriculum.
- Identify named people to support LGBT Young People such as school nurses, inclusion managers, child safety officer,
personal advisers, youth workers (although these need to have training and be gay-friendly), and make sure students know they are
- Encourage your school youth council to work with the local LGBT youth group to develop an action